Friday, July 1, 2011

The Buffalo River

We've been back from our vacay for about a week and a half now.  River did A.Ma.Zing on his first vacation.  I was really proud of him!  We had a 6.5-7 hour drive there and back and River was sooo good in the car!  Dusty bought him some portable DVD players right before we left and River just thought that was the coolest thing!

Watching his movies in the car

We had a good time, even though I was whiny and ready to go home at times ;o).  It was just so nice being away from home for a few days!  We relaxed, floated down the river, swam, ate some yummy food, and, of course, chased River around everywhere.  Ha!  That boy stayed on his 4-wheeler.  He had a blast!  Heck, why wouldn't he...he was outside pretty much 24/7 the whole trip!  Here are a few pictures, and I'll just let them do the talking....

Driving Nini's RV


River and Honey



The first evening there, we took a "short" float down the River.  It was supposed to be only about 30 minutes, but since the water was so low and there wasn't a good current, it took about 2 hours.  It was still fun though!  That was River's first time to go and I had a waterproof disposable camera (I haven't bought one of those in years!!!), and of course they're not developed yet and I still have pics to take on it.  So, these next pics are from the second day.  It was a 7 hour float...whew!  It was fun and relaxing, but I was still sooo tired by the end of it.  Ha!  River was a pro in these :o)  And, I brought my good camera because Corky let me borrow his waterproof box!!

I love this pic...it's so cute!

Nini and Philip



He slept like this for about 2 hours!

Ery'body (Dusty, Stacy, Randy T, Rhonda, Randy J)

Lunch time!

River LOVED Macey.  He was so cute with her!


Swimming while daddy pulled to tubes

The bridge!!!  That's the stopping point.

Talking and driving



Frisky bought Rhonda a Man Tamer so she can keep Randy in line!!



Bubba teeth

Dusty (in the back, can't really see him in this pic) and Corky playing Tug-O-War against Randy and Randy

We got home last Tuesday and was so great to be home!  I was off Wednesday, but had to go back to work Thursday...ugh!  I should have taken the whole week off.  Next time I will ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment