Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family outing to the Zoo!!

Yesterday, me, Dus, and River took a little road trip to the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, Tx. It was so fun!  It was a little chilly when we first got there, but it ended up warming up some.  Dusty said I was more excited than River was...maybe so ;o).  River had a great time.  He wasn't as excited as we thought he would be, being as how he loves animals, but he liked it and had fun!  I want to take him back later in the Spring time.  The elephants were his favorite.  He squealed and hollered at them.  He kind of was just taking everything in, kind of in awe about it.  I packed us a lunch (and packed it all in my 31 thermal tote, which worked amazingly!!!) and we had a little picnic.  Fun times with my family.  I loved every bit of it!!

On the way.  He was sooo tired, but he just couldn't fall asleep. He had both of his dogs, his blanket, and his snack cup.  No wonder he couldn't get comfortable.  Ha!

Watching the elephants.  We got a closer look later on.

I heart my boys!

All the different birds....yuck, I despise birds.  But they were kind of pretty.

River and Daddy checking out the birds.  There were some kind of tree ducks (???) in there that Dusty was liking.  Geez ;o)

This guy here was putting on a show!  He was playing in the mud, picking up his tire, running around.  We watched him for about 10-15 minutes.  It is so cool how something that big can move the way he was!

This dude was standing outside his pen just staring at us!

River fed the ducks and fish.  The top right corner is a banded duck that Dusty told me to take.  If you look closely, you can see the band on his leg!

He liked driving the truck and tractor.

Eating time!

We were looking at the parrots and one of them flung a feather out and River got it.  He was trying to give it back to him : )

I love this!  This tiger came right up to the glass and stared at us.  He was sooo pretty!  We didn't see any orange and black tigers :(, just the white ones. 

I was trying to get River to pose with the tiger in the background, no such luck ;o)



These elephants were getting after it.  They were pretty fun to watch, too!

Me and River Bug!

River liked the waterfall!

This was our final stop.  River loved being in there with the goats.  He was not scared at all!

Daddy bought him a shirt and a giraffe, which took place of the dogs.  Ha!

I can't wait to go back.  If we don't go back this year, then definitely next year I think he will be more in to it!  It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is adorable, and so is your little boy! I am loving the picture of the white tiger!

    ReplyDelete