Friday, August 12, 2011

Lucky Weekend

August 12th and 13th seem  to be some pretty lucky days for a few people I know (including me)!  Three years ago tomorrow (the 13th), I found out I was pregnant.  I was in total shock and was not expecting to hear that.  I went to the doctor because in July I had twisted my ankle and it was giving me problems so I wanted to get it checked out.  The nurse asked could I be pregnant because I had to get an x-ray done.  I told her it was possible, so she had me do a test.  I waited....waited....waited, then finally she came in the room and said 'I think you may be pregnant'.  WHAT?!?!  She showed me the stick and she said that the second line was so light and you could barely see it because I was super early pregnant (like 2 weeks, she said).  Well, my moma works at the same doctor's office and I didn't want her finding out until I told Dusty first, so I had to go to the x-ray dpmt and pretend get an x-ray just so my mom wouldn't think anything.  The doctor came in and checked out my ankle and I really don't know what he said about it...the pain was the last thing on my mind at that time!  Dr. Shah told me he was going to send my blood work to get checked STAT and he would call me that night to let me know if I was really pregnant or not.  So, I went to target and bought a little onsie set, one said 'I love my mommy' and the other 'I love my daddy'. 

Dr. Shah called me at 7:00 that night and said I was pregnant.  Yay!  Then, he told me some more stuff about my ankle, but who knows what.  Ha!  Dusty was at work, so I put the 'I love daddy' onsie in a gift bag and called Dus and told him somebody rang the doorbell and when I opened the door a package was there, and that I wanted him to open it first.  So up to the firestation I went.  I gave him the bag, he opened it, and couldn't believe it.  We hugged, I cried, it was sweet!

Now, on my way home from the doctor's appointment, my BFF called to tell me she was engaged!! Yay!!!  I was so happy for her and I didn't want to rain on her parade, so of course I didn't say anything about me!  Well, after I told Dusty and knowing he can't keep a secret, I called Haley to tell her and good thing I did because Dusty was on the phone with Corey about to tell him!  Ha!  The next day after work we told our parents. 

Now for the third lucky lady, a co-worker of mine, Anne, who is actually my cousin's wife's moma...got that...just found out this morning that her other daughter, Beth, is preggers!!  Yay.  Beth has really been wanting this for a while and I'm super duper happy for her!!

Oh yeah, Corey and Haley are getting married tomorrow, too.  August 13th, 2011.  Three years after they got engaged!  And I am Matron of Honor and Dusty is Bestman.  So much happiness going on around here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment