Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Christmas decor

I bought new everything this year.  I love the bright green and red and gold Christmas decorations they have out now, so that's what I went with.  I also had a hard time deciding what kind of tree I wanted to do...either a green/red/gold one or one with all of my fun ornaments.  I went with the green/red/gold with just a couple of fun ones.  I still have to get River's ornament for this year.  Here is my tree and a few of my favorite ornaments....

Mine and Dusty's first ornament

Love this one...Tis a gift to be a mom.  My grandma got it for me last year.

She also got these for River's 1st Christmas ornament.  So sweet.  I love em!

My ruby slippers :o)


Won this a Bunco last week  Pretty cute!!


This is River's last year school Christmas picture.  I'm waiting on this year's to get in.  Got the present and tree at Kirklands.  I love that store!

My new stockings I got the day after Thanksgiving.  Love em!

Reindeer stocking holder.  I've had these for a few years.

Love the reindeer plate. 


My new garland

Rhonda made me this a few years ago.  She's so crafty!


My grandma made these a while back.  So cute.

So if you couldn't tell, I collect reindeer.  I've got more stuff in the kitchen, but I'll save that for another day.  I did manage to wrap all the presents that I already have tonight.  I use to love wrapping, but now I'm like UGH!  I'd rather just put everything in a gift bag and be done with it!  River was all in my wrapping paper.  He messed up a whole role that I had to throw away, lil stinker!  He didn't really care much for the presents once they were wrapped.  Next year will probably be the year he finally starts to get it.  Here are a few pics of my little elf from tonight...

He would not sit still and let me take his picture


Wearing moma's shoes... haha.  He loves shoes!

Sweet sweet boy!

Usually when me or Dusty tell River 'I love you', he will not say or we have to say it word by word and let him repeat us after each word.  Well, tonight he was going to bed and I said 'I love you', not expecting anything from him, and he said 'love you'!!!!  Awww, melt my heart.  I swear I get teary eyed just thinking about it.  

4 comments:

  1. Pretty ornaments! I'm popping over from Nesting Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stockings! Mudpie aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the coolest stockings ever! Love the little boy "butt" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. popped over here from Nesting place...I have 3 boys 14(on the 28th)11,& 9. Seeing your precious river took me back to when my almost 14 year old,Lane was that age (or close too) he was born on Dec.28th so his first Christmas was great(wrapping paper~yeah been there) time goes so quick, savor these moments...they are precious as your little boy..Merry Christmas..Great job on decorating!
    Dyan~ no blog yet~ dyanmamaof3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete