Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Weekend

We had a fun and relaxing weekend this past weekend.  It started off Friday nite at Wendy's house.  She made Mexican, which I had been craving!!  We had chicken/beef fatjitas, chicken nachos, a Mexican chicken casserole, and some chips with guacamole and salsa.  It was DElish!!!  Very, very good.  After we ate, Papa Stan got his guitar out and played it a little.  River was right beside him playing.  He couldn't take his hands off of it.  I didn't have my camera with me.  Boo!  River loves instruments/music.  Maybe he'll be a country singer one day : ). 

Saturday, we had lunch and I had to go find some party stuff for River's birthday.  My baby boy will be 2 in a little over a month *tear!  I'm sad my baby is growing up, but I love watching him learn new things.  He is so funny!  His latest obsession are his nipples.  Ha!  He's always trying to get Dusty's and the other day I was getting him undressed for a bath and I stood him up in front of the mirror and he noticed his.  Now, everytime I take his shirt off he pokes at his nipples.  It is too funny!  He has also starting screaming at me when he gets in trouble or I tell him no!  Ugh!  He screams at me and then hits himself on his head...???  Then I tell him to quit hitting himself and he screams at me again.  Ha!  He's a mess!

Saturday nite we had Bunco.  It was at Rhonda's house and she made broccoli chedder soup and chicken salad sandwiches.  It was very good.  We also had broccoli casserole, cookies, brownies, fruit, and a chocolate eclair...yum.my!  I didn't do too good at Bunco...at all.  It was pretty bad.  Papaw took River to Bass Pro and to eat while we played Bunco.  Dus was at work.

Sunday, River went on his first fishing trip.  We went to the lake with Randy, Rhonda, and Jim (Rhonda's dad).  Mr. Jim has a houseboat about an hour and a half from here.  It was fun.  We caught brim and white perch.  I love going fishing.  Whether I fish or not, I just like being out there relaxing.  Although, there wasn't much relaxing going on yesterday with River running around everywhere.  We all took turns chasing him around.  He had a blast!  We walked up and down the dock 100,000 times!  He loved watching all the boats go by.  Then we threw his goldfish snacks in the water and watched the birds fly down and get em.  After we got back home, Randy fried the fish we had just caught.  That fresh fish was sooo good!  It was a long day, but very fun.  I love days like that!

First time fishing


Letting the fish go because it was too small

Playing in the shiners


Yuck!

Throwing the shiner in the water

River and Honey



River and Papaw

Talking to the fish. Silly boy!

We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. All I can think about is Mexican food now! River looks adorable in his life jacket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican food... YUM!

    River is a doll! It's a small world - I grew up near Lake 'o the Pines and my aunt lives about 5 minutes from there!

    Thanks for stopping by Jumping Jack today! I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete