Monday, July 18, 2011

Riverisms

River has been so funny and cute and sweet here lately.  I need to post them before I forget!

  • He had his first x-ray on July 1.  While we were gone on vacation, we noticed that he walked with his right foot turned out sometimes.  The boy is already super duper flat footed (he gets it from his daddy), so I wanted to take him to the doctor to see what she said.  She wanted to get an x-ray to make sure there was no bone malformation.  My mom took him back to get the x-ray because I had to talk to the doctor, too.  Our dr is an Internal Med and Peds dr.  The x-ray came back normal, which we expected, it was just to make sure.  She said to wait till after Summer when he starts wearing regular tennis shoes more instead of sandals and it will probably correct itself.  ;o)
  • His favorite animal here lately is the elephant.  He has a Baby Einstein video that has different animals on it and he loves the elephant.  Dusty has taught him to make the elephant noise and to wiggle his ears.  It is so funny!  Yesterday, we were watching Noddy and he asked who somebody was and I said Big Ears.  River wiggled his ears and made the elephant noise and I about died.  It was hilarious!
  • He knows who Jason is!  I love Jason Aldean, and for a while now, every time a Jason song would come on the radio I'd say 'there's Jason'.  He would just look at me like 'Huh?'.  The other day we were driving down the road and My Kinda Party came on.  I didn't think about it and didn't say anything, then all the sudden River said 'Jason'!  Haha, made me smile!  Yesterday we watched 3 Jason music videos on the computer and he watched the entire time. 
  • Watching Jason Aldean's Dirt Road Anthem video
  • When I put River to bed, I just stick him in his crib and turn a movie on.  Bad habit, I know, and when we convert his bed to a toddler bed, I'm going to lay there and read with him instead of let him watch TV, but for right now this works.  Anyway, he'll stand up in his bed and watch TV till he's ready to lay down, then he'll start crying for me.  I go in, lay him down on his pillow, cover him up tight, and give him his Gus dog, and kisses and say goodnite and sweet dreams, and he'll watch TV till he falls asleep.  Well, last night we did the whole routine.  I covered him up, said I love you, he said it back, I said sweet dreams, and walked out.  A few minutes later he yelled 'sweet dreams moma'!!  Awww, I melted.  I wanted to go grab him up and just squeeze him.  It was so sweet!

  • I can't tell if River is going to be quite and shy like me or outspoken and wild and crazy.  I hope he is not shy and quiet like me!  When we're out in public, he will be so loud and say Hi to everybody and he tries to touch everybody.  He's super friendly.  But, when we're around people we know, our friends and family and even teachers at school, he just gets shy and won't speak.  Hum??
  • His new favorite thing to do is line all of his trucks, trains, and tractors up to make a big long train.  He does this on the floor and couch.  He will push me out of the way on the couch so he can make his train. 



 Love you River Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment