Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall is almost here

I have tried so hard all summer not to complain about the heat because I really really dislike the cold and would much rather it be 110 degrees than 40 degrees.  I've done pretty good about not complaining.  Now that the summer is coming to an end and fall is right around the corner, I am starting to get a little excited!  I do love the fall, I'm just not looking forward to the cold.  I have a feeling we're going to have a pretty rough winter. 

This weekend in the opening weekend for College Ball!  Yay!!  LSU plays Oregon at the new Dallas Stadium. 

I found this online and think it's hilarious!


I'm so excited to get my game gear on and watch the game!

Also since fall is so near, I'm getting excited about the fall smells, soups, pumpkin patches, and my favorite holiday...Halloween!  I have in mind what I'm gonna dress River up as, but I'm not sure about it yet.  It may be my last chance to dress him up as what I want him to be before starts making his own decisions, which I may or may not let him do!

Speaking of my River Bug, I have started trying to introduce the potty to him.  At first, he wanted nothing to do with it.  He didn't want to sit on it or anything.  Now, I can get him to sit on it, but that's about all he does.  I've thrown in some cheerios and told him to tee tee on them, but he just tries to grab them.  When he's sitting on the potty, he'll say 'come on tee tee'.  Haha!  I even pour a little warm water down his back or front when I have him on the potty before bath time because he tee tees every single time I put him in the bath even if he just got off the potty.  He doesn't like it when I do that, ha!  I bought an Elmo Goes Potty DVD the other day now every time he sees a potty no matter where we are, he says he's got to go and wants to sit on it.  He really doesn't have to go and most of the time I tell him no, but should I really just sit him on it anyway?  And, when am I supposed to start buying pull-ups?  Now, when we're in the process of learning how to go or when he actually starts to go?  Pull-ups are expensive and I hate to waste em! 

He is growing like a weed!  His talking is starting to get a little better, too.  His favorite things right now is "moma's bed" (he loves to go get on my bed!  Sometimes, I'll be in the living room or kitchen and I go to check on River and he's sitting on my bed with a book or watching TV), 4-wheelers and lawn mowers and fire trucks (every fire truck is daddy's fire truck), elephants, Mickey Mouse, and hot dogs!  Oh, he also has been singing so much here lately.  He will find whatever he can and pretend its a microphone and just sing (nothing in particular, just making a lot of noises and yelling) at the top of his lungs.  It's pretty funny!  My baby boy is turning into such a big boy.  *tear!


No comments:

Post a Comment